We welcome and encourage the sharing of ideas and stories through our blog, Sharing Simcoe, and through our other social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. We value two-way communication and want to hear from you.
We do our best to monitor participation to ensure it’s on topic and respectful. We have the same expectations for participation on our social media sites as we do for our students, staff and community members in our schools. The following guidelines should be followed when participating on our social media sites:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about a blogger, another participant, or any other individual will be deleted
- Off-topic comments will be deleted, including promotion of events, groups, pages, products or services not affiliated with our school board
- Foul language or hate speech will not be permitted
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments will be deleted (it is acceptable to challenge a viewpoint, but not appropriate to personally attack another participant, blogger or any other individual)
- Comments that violate privacy will be deleted
Information, tips or opinions shared on Sharing Simcoe or our social media sites are not intended to replace guidance provided by individual teachers or other support staff about individual students.
Links to other organizations’ sites in our blog posts or on our social media sites are provided as a service to our readers/followers. Links should not be considered an endorsement of a site, product or service by the Simcoe County District School Board, as we are not responsible for content on external sites.
It is important to remember that comments submitted to Sharing Simcoe or on our social media sites are available to the public. The Simcoe County District School Board may use this information for internal or external promotional purposes. Other participants may also use information posted in comments and this is beyond the control of the Simcoe County District School Board.
If you do not wish to have information you share used, please do not post to our sites.