Are your kids getting bored already? Running out of ideas for things to do? Check out these ideas in and around Simcoe County.
1) Visit your local library for a wide variety of books for your children to discover as well as free summer programs! From arts and crafts to Lego and robotics, your community library has something for the whole family.
2) Take a hike! Visit your local conservation area, connect with nature and get some exercise. Some examples include:
3) If you live in Simcoe County, you aren’t far from the water! Plan a beach day, get some sun and enjoy the water (safely –wear sunscreen! Keep your eye out for our upcoming post on sun and water safety).
4) Get crafty! Check out some of these outdoor summer craft ideas and learn how to turn a walk in the forest into an adventure:
5) Get out and enjoy what your community has to offer at a summer festival or event. Here’s a list of some events going on this summer:
6) Go to a local park for a picnic. Get the kids to help make and pack a healthy lunch for all to enjoy. Click the link below for ideas on what to pack:
7) Check out local museums and historical attractions in our area:
8) Try a new sport, get your bikes out or rent a boat/canoe for the day.
9) Go berry picking or visit a local farm/farmers’ market for fresh produce. Here’s a list of some local pick-your-own farms:
10) Make fun summer treats that are healthy and will keep the kids cool on a hot day: