Are you off this week and need ideas about what to do with your family? Already gone through half of your list on the first day? Don’t fret! Here are some ideas that may spark some interest and keep you and your loved ones busy throughout the week:
1) Get outside and bring some art supplies with you! It’s fun to build and paint in the snow.
3) Visit a local museum or art gallery. Look for ones that offer activities for children.
4) Get crafty! With spring around the corner, there are lots of fun projects that you and your family can do at home. One of our SCDSB favourites: build a birdfeeder!
You’ll need: pine cones, lard, sunflower seeds/birdseed, tin or container, knife or popsicle stick, string.
To do: Simply take a pine cone, either roll in a stick of lard or spread the lard around the pine cone with a knife or stick (try and get inside the grooves too!). Then dip the pine cone into the mix of bird seed. Tie a string around the top of the pine cone, and you’ve got a birdfeeder!
6) Check out your local ski hill! Don’t ski? There are plenty of fun activities for the whole family!
7) Go and see a play or theatre show. See what’s in and around Simcoe County:
8) Make your own puppets and put on a show at home!
9) Get cooking! Look up some fun snacks and treats to make together.
Recipes Kids Can Help Make
Have a fun and safe March Break!