Create a reusable chalk board sign to mark the first day of school!
Here’s what you need:
- paint (optional)
- Prepare your chalkboard. If the frame on your board is plain (like ours), let your child paint it. Have them refresh the board each year by redecorating it.
- Write on your chalkboard. Here are some headings to consider including on your sign:
- ____’s (name) first day of ____ (grade)
- I am ___ years old
- When I grow up I want to be a ____
- My favourite colour is ____
- Have your child hold the sign for a photo on their first day of school. Don’t forget to share it with us on Twitter (@SCDSB_Schools), Facebook and Instagram (/SCDSB) using #SCDSBfirstday for your chance to win a SCDSB prize pack!
If you’d rather skip the chalkboard, we’ve created a printable sign template for your child to colour in before the first day!
~ Jamie Campbell, Communications Officer, SCDSB