Summer is in full swing, but many kids are already complaining about being bored. Here are our top 10 ideas of things to do that are local, low cost (or free!) and lots of fun!
- Read, read, read. Try non-fiction, comic books or magazines.
- Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy our amazing provincial parks.
- Libraries are not just about books anymore! Local libraries offer 3D printers, maker spaces, Lego programs, movies and special events.
- Cool off with a swim at a local rec centre or YMCA.
- Bike or walk to the store to pick up a few groceries. Kids can help make the list and learn about money.
- Have kids keep a journal or draw pictures of what they do each day. It’s a nice memento at the end of the summer.
- Check out a splash pad or park that’s not in your local neighbourhood.
- Set up a tent in your backyard and sleep under the stars. S’mores are a must.
- Go raspberry or blueberry picking, or explore a local farmer’s market.
- Be bored. It’s good to do nothing sometimes.
Enjoy your summer!