By Danielle Strohm, Communications Intern
- Minesing Mini-Fest continues on Saturday with a pancake breakfast and a Valentine’s Day themed parade at noon.
- Test your homemade toboggan at Orillia’s annual cardboard toboggan race, which takes place at the Couchiching Golf Course. Registration is free and there are prizes to be won.
- Explore the Wye Marsh with a Family Day pass for $30.
- In Essa Township, the Tiffin Conservation Centre has many activities including ice-fishing and War of 1812 re-enactors. Admission is $5 per person and children under 3 are free.
- The Simcoe County Museum has many activities for Family Day. Try your hand at snowshoeing and orienteering in the Really Big Shoe race at 10 a.m. Admission to the museum is $6 for adults, $5 for students and $4 for children.
- Family Day fun at Rotary place in Orillia is free and runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Families can rock climb, skate, play pickleball and more.
- Also in Orillia, Family Day snowshoeing at Regan House. No snowshoes or experience required.
- There are a few different events in the Township of Springwater including a pancake breakfast, skating and Zumba!
Things to do all weekend
- The Town of Collingwood has a jam-packed weekend of free activities.
- Wasaga Beach is hosting Snowman Mania.
- Try ice-fishing. No license is needed across the province all weekend to try to get a bite.
- Build a snowman family.
- Search the map at the bottom of this post for some of the best tobogganing hills in your area and do some sliding.
- Get in the kitchen and bake some Valentine’s Day treats.
- On Saturday and Sunday, visit your local library to discover new books.
- Play board games, get out the craft supplies.
- Use your imagination!
Comment and let us know how you are going to spend your weekend!